it don´t mean a thing if it ain´t got that swing. duke ellington

tempoestranho@gmail.com

terça-feira, 6 de novembro de 2007

Perceval´s Narrative A Patient´s Account Of His Psychosis (1830-1832)


Before I rose from my bed, I understood that I was now to proceed through the world as an angel, under the immediate guidance of the Lord, to proclaim the tidings of his second coming.

With that came an uncertain impression that I was to do this in an extraordinary way, and by singing-and this idea haunted me throughout my changes of insanity. I had also an
uncertain impression of a like nature, that I was to go and show myself before the lord lieutenant or the General of the Forces, that I was to breakfast there, and to meet, either at the lord lieutenant´s, a prince of blood royal; or at the General´s, a duke, to whom I was to proclaim the near coming of the Lord.

My guidance not being sure, and my folly or my faith not being determined enough, I reflected on Mary Campbell´s advice, and determined to be guided by what appeared the natural path of duty. And, at the risk of offending the Holy Spirit and the Lord, to prefer showing my gratitude to Captain H. who had shown me so many kind attentions, and to attend his humble table.

I now conceived again that I was to speak to them in an unknown tongue, and to make confessions, and to show signs and wonders: my words and ideas were to be supplied to me. I did not, however, dare to attempt any thing, for I felt no guidance, and I shrank from the ridicule of beginning to speak, and having nothing to say.

Sem comentários: